Monday, July 25, 2016

More "Wow's" (part 8 of ?) (2/1/2016 to 4/18/2016)

Location: Rockdale RV Park; Mansfield, Louisiana

This is part 8 of a series of posts where I post a picture or two from a location that I really liked. I call them "wow" spots because usually when I saw them, I said, wow. Since I travel alone, it doesn't matter if I say it out loud or just to myself. Although if people are around, I try to be quiet about it or else they look at me funny as though I'm talking to myself. Now I'm not saying I don't talk to myself when I'm traveling, but so far (knock on wood), I haven't answered myself on a regular basis. So far, so good. 

This post gets me caught up to where I am currently, however, I'll be pulling out of here this Friday, 7/29/2016. 




Old style Mardi Gras in Iota, Louisiana

Learning about Cajuns, Creoles and Acadiens at Vermillionville, Louisiana

The Gulf of Mexico at Grand Isle State Park, Grand Isle, Louisiana. It is a long ways from nowhere, but a great place to relax.

Coffee and Beignets at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans.

You can see a lot of the town by riding the New Orleans Streetcars. Cheap site-seeing

The Battle of New Orleans Battlefield. Chalmette, Louisiana

Rebuilt beach houses at Waveland, Mississippi. Everything was wiped out during Hurricane Katrina.

Sunrise over the Gulf of Mexico near Waveland, Mississippi


A monument to the "Dogs of War". It is the first and only one I have found that pays tribute to the canine corps of the armed forces. It is at the U.S.S. Alabama Military Park.

Sunset over Lake Seminole, Chattahoochee, Georgia.

Lake Seminole and Liberty


The moss draped trees of south east Georgia.

The Atlantic Ocean from the coast of Georgia

Fort Sumter, Charleston, South Carolina

The Georgia Guidestones, Middle of Nowhere, outside of Atlanta, Georgia

My lucky day. A tornado or straight line winds flipped the neighboring RV. It sucked the wheel chocks out from under Liberty wheels. This is at Old Federal Campground.

Side road while driving the Cherohala Highway in the southern Smoky Mountains.

A waterfall along the Cherohala Highway

One of the many great view from the Cherohala Highway

The Hermitage. Andrew Jackson's home outside of Nashville, Tennessee

Watching the tow boats on the Mississippi River in rural Mississippi about 45 minutes south of Memphis, TN

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road.

2 comments:

  1. You have sure had a lot of "Wows." Watching for more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky dog, I have to wait to Monday to pull out. Have fun and best wishes for Brandon.

    ReplyDelete