Saturday, March 26, 2016

Rain, Rain and Moving Day????

Location: Hilltop RV Park; Robertsdale, Alabama


This will be a short post. Mostly it is a "bookmark in time" for the blog. 

Tomorrow is moving day, Maybe. 

I have reservations at a Corps of Engineers Campround near Chattahoochee, Florida beginning tomorrow for 3 nights. I'm not sure I will make it though because thunderstorms are predicted for today through tomorrow evening. The cold front that passed through 2 days ago that brought heavy wind and rain has decided to back up and is now coming back through this area as a warm front. It seems like it has stormed every other day for the last month or so with some being pretty big hitters too. I've been lucky in that all the hail storms and tornadoes have missed me. The wind, although rocking Liberty at times, has not cause any damage. I don't remember a time when there has been so many passing storms.

I've towed Liberty in bad weather several times in the past but don't like it. I've traveled in between two weather fronts with storms in front and back of me all the while keeping an eye on the weather radar. I've outraced bad storms and won each race with one being too close to call. Fortunately, there are no high winds or tornadoes predicted for tomorrow, just rain at varying intensities.

I like the rain. To me, it is natures way of cleaning the air and land. Even heavy storms with thunder and lightening is fine with me as long as no one gets hurt. 

I will check the weather in the morning and decide if I should go or stay. I hope it is a go even if it is a little "edgy".

I leave you with a picture from one year ago. It was my first day on the Oregon coast and it was filled with many "wow" moments. There was a storm brewing out to sea on that day as well.  





Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road.  

  

4 comments:

  1. Be careful those storms never seem to have a reliable pattern. I am looking at pulling out in a week or two for New Mexico. we will see what really happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barney, New Mexico sounds good, be safe have fun

      Delete
  2. Still enjoying your travel posts and such. You have an interesting writing style.

    Many Happy Days Ahead, Martin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin. I should be moving a little faster over the next few weeks. Take care, have fun. Cya

      Delete