Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wrap up on Las Vegas; Moving Day Tomorrow

Location: Duck Creek RV Resort (el 1,700 ft); Las Vegas, Nevada

(click pictures to enlarge)

Tomorrow will be the 7th day in Las Vegas and that is long enough. The campground had a special weekly price for Passport America card holders. Even though I didn't need 7 days to explore the things I wanted to see, I used all of them.  
I finally took a picture of the campsite today
I got lucky in that one neighbor was never home and the others stayed inside all the time. The campground was a good choice. It was close enough to everything I wanted to see and do. They also had a very nice laundry which I took advantage of today before I ran out of drawers. The washers and dryers were cheap and fast. I was the only one using the laundry and I was finished in a little over an hour. They provided a "thinking bench" with a nice desert garden to use while waiting on the clothes.

Thinking bench in front of the laundry

Nice garden to enjoy while waiting




















I enjoyed visiting Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon while I was here. I didn't partake of the gambling that is everywhere in this town. It is a big city which meant no cooking for me, since I had choices of any type of restaurant I wanted to try. I was surprised by the very large number of street people/pan handlers. I hadn't seen this many since my stay at McKinney Falls State Park in Austin, Texas. Even today while I was fueling up for the trip tomorrow I was approached by a young man with an empty 5 gallon gas can. He was well dressed and said he and his wife had ran out of gas at the store across the street and wanted to know if I could spare some gas. I filled up his can and while filling up Freedom I watched him walk across the highway to their car. I was satisfied that I did a good deed for a person in need. I finished getting gas and went a couple of  stores down the road for something to eat. I got the food to go and headed back to the campground. As I went through the traffic signal, there was the same guy carrying the gas can and heading back to the same gas station. As I passed by him, I waved and he just hung his head down. Apparently, he thought I had already left the area. Oh well, my deal was done once I gave him the gas, the rest was up to him.

Unless things change in the morning, I plan to head further west. The weather is still a little chilly north and east of me and since I've seen south, that leaves west. I'm not sure how close I can get to the big cities like Los Angeles without having to fight traffic. I will probably camp on the east side of the mountains around L.A. and day trip into the area to explore. Once I get a better lay of the land, I'll decide where and when I'll head.     

All in all, this was a good stop. 

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road. 

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog -- read it from start to finish --Great descriptions of your travels -- Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenny, that's a lot of reading.

    ReplyDelete