Friday, March 13, 2015

Moving Day to Santa Nella, California

Location: Los Banos West/I-5 KOA (el 250 ft); Santa Nella, California

(click pictures to enlarge)

Santa Nella is located in the eastern foothills of the Coastal Mountains. Santa Cruz is due west over the mountains and San Francisco is about an hour or two north. I will be here for three days and plan to make a day trip to Big Sur on the coast. I'm not sure how far south I will drive down the coast road, it will be a matter how nice the weather is and how good the day is going. Hopefully, it will be nice and some good old songs will be playing on Sirius. The weather forecast is for hotter than normal temperatures. I'm not sure where I'll be going next, but I got some good suggestions from KCD in a comment yesterday.

Nothing much to say since I just got here and the trip was uneventful.
I finally took a picture of the campsite at Tulare. This one was taken while I was waiting on laundry to finish.

The wide open valley. I think in either in the northern part of the San Joaquin Valley or the southern part of the Sacramento Valley. Whichever it is, it is wide and flat. You can see the coastal mountains in the distance.

This was shot from the side window while going north on I-5 which runs parallel to the Coastal Mountains

A nice view 

Another view of the Coastal Mountains

Notice the white boxes on the right. The orchard owners are placing bee hives so the bee's can pollinate their trees.

The trees are beginning to bloom

This is the Dos Amigo Pumping Plant. California has constructed hundreds of miles of aqueducts throughout the central valleys. 


One of the many canals. The water is used for agriculture as well as personal use in the large southern cities.

California seems to be the place where old pay phones come for retirement. 

The current campsite 

The rolling hills behind the campground.

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road.  

No comments:

Post a Comment