Saturday, November 22, 2014

Getting Things Ready to Roll and an Old Border

Location: Hearth of Haynesville RV Park, Mansfield, Louisiana
(Click pictures to enlarge)

If I clicked all of the buttons correctly, the look of the blog should have changed. Let me know if it's good or bad. You will also notice a "tab" on the left below the picture of Freedom and Liberty that says "Campgrounds". That page contains pictures of each campsite I've lived in since getting Liberty. It took awhile to find the pictures and confirm the dates, but I think it was worth it. As I was doing it, memories of each site would come back. As I've said in previous posts, it is hard for me to remember each and every place because I was moving so fast. The memories tended to blur together until I separated them with these individual pictures. There is room for many more page tabs so if you have any suggestions for the contents of a tab, leave a comment about it. 

I've been in the same campground for 3 weeks.This is the longest time I've stayed in one place since April of this year. Every time Freedom and I leave to go somewhere, Liberty hollers out in a sad voice (that only I can hear :), "hey, I have wheels too." The planned date of pulling out will be after Thanksgiving. One of the recent things I've done in preparation of traveling is to get Freedom serviced. I took her back to the dealership where I bought her and they checked her over, changed the oil, and rotated the tires. They said everything looked good, but I've gotten cynical over the years and will take a wait-and-see attitude. 

While I was in Logansport, I went by the old boundary marker. It is suppose to be the only old international boundary marker remaining within the continental United States. It is a marker for the line between the old Republic of Texas and the United States. It dates back to when Texas became an independent nation in 1836. It's just a concrete marker, but signifies a lot more than that.




The following picture is of a visitor I had while I was emptying my tanks. I hadn't seen anything exactly like it before. It had wings but didn't attempt to fly and was walking around like it was drunk. It resembles a red wasp but I hadn't seen one that long before or with blueish wings. When I cropped the picture, I left in a piece of my water hose for size reference. Maybe a queen wasp? I don't know, but it isn't around any more and I hope none of it's relatives are either. 

Ya'll take care of each other. Cya down the road.    

2 comments:

  1. Blue-winged wasp (Scolia dubia) mostly found in South near or around North Carolina...... Still enjoying your blog.... looking forward to your travels after the holiday.

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dennis, thanks for the ID. I've lived in the south most of my life and don't remember seeing a wasp like that.

      When do ya'll hit the road?

      Delete