Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Walking Around The Campground

Location: Long Branch State Park; Macon, Missouri
(click on pictures to enlarge)

Today was an easy and lazy day. All I did was a little planning on the computer and hiked around the campground. A lot of the campground is planted in the original prairie grasses. I had heard there was a path to the lake and marina from the campground so I went in search of it. The path turned out to be a mowed area through the prairie grass. I flushed several rabbits in the 1/2 mile walk through the grasses. The path opens up to the parking lot for the marina, boat launch and picnic area. There were only two vehicles in the parking lot and nobody was using the picnic area. The campground, like most this time of year and during the week, are mostly deserted. This lake had a walkway going out into the lake. At first I thought it was for fishing but I didn't see any evidence of fishing like leftover bait, fishing line, etc when I walked it so I'm not sure of it's purpose.

I sat on bench for awhile and watched a little bit of nothing and thought about everything.

Tomorrow is moving day and I will have about 200 miles of towing. I'll be heading to a KOA near St. Louis.

I just read where Obama saluted a couple Marines while holding a Styrofoam cup in his saluting hand. How disrespectful. His disgust of the military is becoming more and more blatant.
The path through the Prairie Grass

The path opened out to a picnic
pavilion overlooking the lake

The parking lot was essentially
empty

The sky and clouds put on a great
show.


The path continued into the lake

Paved path, most of the way

That was one of the "thinking
benches" today

Pretty Sky

More Sky and Water

Tired of the same stuff yet?

I didn't go all the way to the end
because of a flock of gulls at the end.

Another sitting and thinking spot

Tonight's supper. Spaghetti for one.
It was good.
Ya'll take care of each other. Cya down the road.  

No comments:

Post a Comment