Saturday, June 21, 2014

Last day in Maine ends with a very nice sunset

Location: Bar Harbor KOA; Bar Harbor, Maine
(click pic to enlarge)

Today is my last day in Maine. Tomorrow evening I should be in Connecticut. I realized today that I needed to get campground reservations for the 4th of July before all of the campsites were taken. Sure enough, they were going fast. I found one campground that had about 6 open campsites but by the time I checked the reviews and looked at it on google earth, those 6 had been reserved. It took a few hours but I finally got it done and have reservations at five campgrounds that gets me thru July 5th. It's difficult to predict where I'm going to be two weeks from now. It's like dominoes, if something happens at one campground and I'm delayed, then I can't make it to the others.

Tomorrow is going to be the longest tow that I've done so far. It will be a little over 300 miles. Almost twice the distance that I normally haul. It will all be on interstates and although I will be going through a few large cities, I'm hoping that traffic will be light due to it being Sunday. I'm making the extra long haul to get to a KOA campground outside of New York City by Wednesday so I can get a 2 for 1 deal. The savings on that campground will pay for the tour of New York City.

I'll end this post with two pictures of the sunset tonight. It is the same sunset, just at different times and from a different location. I thought it had ended but had to run back out to get the last picture.












Ya'll take care of each other. Cya down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment