Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nine Days to Go

April 11th is coming fast. That will be my last work day after 31+ years with the highway department. At about 10 o'clock on that Friday, the RV will be heading east. That day will be happy and sad all in one. I have worked with lots of great people and I still love my job after all these years. But, it's time to do something else for a while, so that begins next Friday.

I've made reservations for the first stop at Poverty Point Reservoir Campground at Delhi, Louisiana. I'll stay there for a few days before heading to Vicksburg. I figure it will take about 3 to 4 days to explore those areas. I'll post pictures and comments after looking around a while.

The long range travel plans are to head to Savannah, Georgia, then up the coast to Maine. Stops will be made about every 200 miles to explore. I figure at least a couple weeks will be needed to see everything Washington DC has to offer as well as Philadelphia, Boston and maybe even New York City. After exploring Maine, I'll decide where to go next. Ultimately, I'll be back home for Thanksgiving to see the kids, grand babies and doctors before heading on a Western tour until the next Thanksgiving.

Take care of each other. Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment